Join us for our biggest Girl Scout celebration of the year, GirlFest! Discover hundreds of amazing activities – learn to ride a skateboard, “drive” a submarine, control a robot and more (see partners below). Finish your day with a rockin’ concert from American Idol finalist, Glee guest star and international recording artist Jessica Sanchez!
Have fun with your friends and experience everything cool about being a girl. Everyone is invited to share in the fun (boys, too!) and you don’t have to be a Girl Scout to attend. We can’t wait for you to join us!
|When||Saturday, November 15, 2014|
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
|Where||Portland Expo Center|
2060 North Marine Dr.
Portland, OR 97217
|Tickets||Pre-registration: $10 (by 11/12/2014)|
At the door: $15
|Questions||Check out our frequently asked questions or contact:|
Keep up with the latest news about GirlFest - sign up for eNews »
Who's Coming to GirlFest?
There will be tons of exciting activities, workshops and opportunities at GirlFest 2014 - and we're adding more everyday! Below are just a few of the fun partners offering activities at GirlFest. Want to see GirlFest in action? Check out last year's event on Flickr!
- American Red Cross
- Association of Women in Automotive PDX
- Autism Empowerment
- Broadway Across America presents Wicked (for Good) Workshop
- Columbia River Society of Women Engineers
- EF Tours
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Girls Rider Organization - Learn to skateboard!
- John's Incredible Pizza Company - Learn how to Eat & Play in a Healthy Way
- K12 and Oregon Virtual Academy - Make a "Royal Selfie"
- Mad Science - become a scientist as you enter "Scientopia"
- Mountain Shop - Grab your gear and take your photo at the mountain top
- N.E.R.D. Girls
- NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center - Learn about electrical circuits as you wire a light bulb!
- Oregon Historical Society - Tell your story while working on the My Family Story badge
- Oregon Humane Society - Learn about dogs and cats, how to earn your Pet Care badge, and how you can volunteer to help animals
- Oregon Trail State Volkssport Association - Go on a volkswalk and earn a special patch
- Oregon Women for Agriculture
- Oregon Zoo
- Pacific Power
- Pixel Arts Game Education
- Portland Fire & Rescue
- Pearson Field Education Center
- Renewal by Andersen
- REvolve Waste - Discover what happens when you recyle your unwanted clothing
- Saturday Academy
- Trash for Peace
- U.S. Army - Climb a rock wall and explore a Humvee
- U.S. Navy - Discover robotics, laparoscopic surgery, aircraft launch, and undersea technologies as you learn about careers in STEM!
- Wells Fargo
- Youth Music Project - Use instruments to create a ringtone!
- Zoller's Outdoor Odysseys inc. - Fit your PFD and hop in a raft to learn about rafting safety
EntertainmentComedian Colin Ryan
Recognized as one of the top 10 youth financial literacy presenters in the U.S., Colin Ryan's mission is to engage youth in a discussion of one core idea: your ability to manage your money directly affects your ability to have the life you want. Through stand-up comedy, storytelling, and lots of pop culture, girls will learn simple skills to help them manage money!
Meet "American Idol" finalist, "Glee" guest star and international recording artist Jessica Sanchez before her rockin' concert in the afternoon!
As one of the final two contestants on season 11 of American Idol, Jessica Sanchez rose to glory by belting out soaring ballads by the likes of Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston. Now, with her debut album, the 19-year-old songstress elevates her vocal artistry to a whole new level and channels her powerhouse pipes into high-energy, beat-soaked dance-pop.
Her album’s release in Spring 2013 debuted at #8 on the pop charts she and joined the cast of Glee as a guest star for the season finale. Sanchez is ecstatic to share her own music with the world. “The fact that I get to put out something that’s all my own is so exciting,” she says. “Music has always been what I want to do with my life, and these songs are all me.”